Madrix 5 + Nebula + Aura

commander

Madrix 5 + Nebula + Aura

Post by commander »

Hello all,

sorry for my maybe very general question, but my last madrix project from scratch is a bit ago...
I got a request for a new one: A designer wants to control four 8m lines of RGB or RGBW pixels (not decided yet)
I think I will use stripes with 60LED/m so four lines of 480LEDs type W26812B LEDs.
This would mean four times 1440 or 1920 channels, this means 3 or 4 ArtNet Universes per line.

Question 1: If I understand correct, this could be handled by two Nebula Interfaces?

I have a Madrix 5 License, so programming is not problem, but I prefer having a dmx player like the Aura instead of a PC in a Rack.

Question 2: I understand that the Aura 12 can support only 12 Universes, so this would not work for the RGBW variant?
Question 3: The Designer wants to change the program from time to time, can this be done via a web Interface with the Aura?

Maybe not a specific Madrix 5 question, but I did not know in which forum to put..

Many thanks for your Input, Sven
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Madrix 5 + Nebula + Aura

Post by Schulze »

Hi commander,
Question 1: If I understand correct, this could be handled by two Nebula Interfaces?
RGB:
- 4 x 480 pixels x 3 channels per pixel = 5760 channels = 12 universes
- This means you would need 1 x MADRIX NEBULA (or more devices depending on the cabling).

RGBW:
- 4 x 480 pixels x 4 channels per pixel = 7680 channels = 15 universes
- This means you would need 2 x MADRIX NEBULA (or more devices depending on the cabling).
Question 2: I understand that the Aura 12 can support only 12 Universes, so this would not work for the RGBW variant?
- Yes, but you could use a MADRIX AURA 32 or two MADRIX AURA 12 devices in master/slave mode.
Question 3: The Designer wants to change the program from time to time, can this be done via a web Interface with the Aura?
- You can change the devices settings via the web configuration. This allows you to set up timers, cue lists, configure the output universes, IP address and so on.
- There are two ways of generating scenes for the MADRIX AURA:
* Live record (from MADRIX 5 or any other Art-Net or sACN sender)
* DXD Conversion (with MADRIX 5) + file upload using the MADRIX HARDWARE MANAGER (seperate tool to perform firmware updates and file uploads)

Here you will find further information:
https://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/hidd_record_dialog.html#dxdconversion
https://help.madrix.com/aura/html/hidd_web_configuration.html

I hope this helps you!